Gaynor Hillier elected new NOAH chair
Gaynor Hillier has been elected as Chair of NOAH (National Office of Animal Health) for 2017, following this year’s NOAH AGM at ZSL, Regents Park in London on 14 June.
Gaynor, who started her career in animal health as NOAH’s Technical Executive in 1990, has been head of Elanco UK and Ireland since January 2015. She has been an active member of the NOAH Board since 2011, and its vice-chair since 2013.
Speaking at NOAH’s first Members’ Day, Gaynor Hillier outlined her focus for NOAH for the coming year. She said: “Last year we celebrated 30 years of success for our association. The past year has been one of great changes but NOAH has continued to act on behalf of our members, both as the voice of the industry and an information resource. The political landscape in which we operate continues to evolve rapidly. We have reaffirmed where we need to focus – on our priorities, which are regulatory matters; explaining the role of antibiotics in caring for our animals and helping stop the rise of antibiotic resistance; working with others as the voice of our industry and serving our members better. Within these, ensuring a successful future relationship with the EU for our sector is integral.
“Over the coming year, NOAH will remain flexible. We have listened to our members by conducting a detailed opinion survey and will learn from the results. We are exploring how to engage with them even better, across the breadth of roles within companies and using all of NOAH’s communications channels. That way, we will continue to build on our past success to ensure that we secure a positive future for our members, with the UK animal medicines sector established as a global centre of innovation and research, with NOAH members operating in a competitive environment, providing medicines to keep the nation’s animals healthy,” she said.
Notes for Editors
For more information please contact Dawn Howard or Alison Glennon at NOAH on 020 8367 3131 or see www.noah.co.uk
NOAH represents the UK animal medicines industry. Its aim is to promote the benefits of safe, effective, quality medicines for the health and welfare of all animals.
Gaynor Hillier’s biography
- Role: Elanco Animal Health, UK & Ireland Affiliate Director and EMEA D&I lead.
- Qualifications: Degree in Applied Biology and post graduate diploma in Marketing.
- Synopsis of Career: After a few years in research her animal health career started in 1990 when she joined NOAH as Technical Executive. Started with Intervet in 1994 and held various marketing and BU head roles. Global Marketing head for Intervet from 2006-2008, based in the Netherlands. Joined Novartis in the US in 2008 as VP Marketing before relocating back to the UK to head up Novartis Animal Health (NAH) UK and Irish business.
- Following the acquisition of NAH by Elanco she was responsible for integrating the UK and Ireland business for NAH and Elanco and has been head of Elanco UK and Ireland since January 2015
- NOAH Connections: Active member of the Board of Management since 2011 and vice-chair since 2013
- Relaxing: Enjoy time with family and friends, long walks usually including a pub stop and keeping fit (yoga and personal training!)
The full NOAH officer team for 2017/18 is:
- Chair – Gaynor Hillier (Elanco)
- Past Chair – Cat Sayer (Hipra)
- Vice-Chairs – Ferenc Polz (Bayer), Mary Boughton (Dorwest) & David Ellerton (Virbac)
- Treasurer – Mark Floyd (Dechra)