- NOAH Compendium of Data Sheets for Animal Medicines
- National Pet Month (NPM): National Pet Month (NPM) celebrates and raises awareness of responsible pet ownership through our educational campaigns and resources across our various platforms. The National Pet Month campaign, co-ordinated by NOAH and PFMA, runs through April to the first Bank Holiday Monday in May each year, but our advice and resource continue all year round.
Other UK organisations
- Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB)
The statutory levy board, funded by farmers, growers and others in the supply chain. Its purpose is to make agriculture and horticulture industries more competitive and sustainable through factual, evidence-based advice, information and activity.
- Animal Health Distributors Association (AHDA): an association of responsible animal health product distributors, dedicated to serving the best interests of its members; in particular by protecting their rights to sell and supply, and securing the continued availability of, a wide range of non-prescription animal medicines.
- Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Association (AMTRA): an independent regulatory body whose task it is to ensure that the marketing and distribution of animal medicines in the UK is undertaken in a responsible manner by AMTRA qualified persons (RAMAs / SQPs)
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI): the trade association for about a hundred companies in the UK producing human prescription medicines.
- British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA)
- British Pig Association (BPA)
- British Poultry Veterinary Association (BPVA)
- British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA)
- British Veterinary Association (BVA): the national representative body for the British veterinary profession. It is a voluntary body with over 10,000 members. Veterinary surgeons work in private practice, in industry, in government service and in research, both in the UK and overseas.
- British Veterinary Nursing Association (BVNA): promoting animal health and welfare through the ongoing development of professional excellence in veterinary nursing
- COWS (Control of Worms Sustainably) is an industry stakeholder group which aims to promote best practice in the control of cattle parasites.
- Country Land and Business Association (CLA): the membership organisation for owners of land, property and business in rural England and Wales
- Crop Protection Association (CPA)
- Farmers Union of Wales (FUW)
- Leaf Education: working to inspire and educate future generations about farming, food and the countryside
- National Farmers Union (NFU)
- National Pig Association (NPA)
- National Sheep Association (NSA)
- Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association (PFMA): the leading trade body for the UK pet food industry
- Pet Industry Federation The Pet Industry Federation is the membership association for pet industry specialists in the UK. As a Federation it combines five specialist trade associations under one umbrella group. Federation members are pet industry specialists and include groomers, pet boarders, pet retailers and manufacturers
- Pig Veterinary Society (PVS)
- Responsible Use of Medicines in Agriculture Alliance (RUMA) promotes the highest standards of food safety, animal health and animal welfare in British livestock farming. A unique initiative involving organisations representing every stage of the food chain, RUMA aims to promote a co-ordinated and integrated approach to best practice in the use of medicines. RUMA membership spans the food chain and includes organisations representing interests in agriculture, veterinary practice, the pharmaceutical industry, retails, consumers and animal welfare interests.
- www.farmantibiotics.org, produced by RUMA, explains the facts about antibiotic resistance as well as consolidating scientific data and the details of the steps being taken to tackle the challenge of resistant bacteria in livestock into one place
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS): Setting, upholding and advancing the educational, ethical and clinical standards of veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses.
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Ruminant Health and Welfare Group (RHWG): an independent, industry-based body tasked with helping farmers and stock managers tackle sheep and cattle disease, and build the health and welfare status, resilience and production efficiency of our national flock and herd.
- Society of Companion Animal Studies (SCAS): a registered charity to promote the study of human-companion animal interactions and raise awareness of the importance of pets in society
- Society of Practising Veterinary Surgeons (SPVS)
- Sustainable Control of Parasites in Sheep (SCOPS): is an industry led group that works in the interest of the UK sheep industry. It recognises that, left unchecked, anthelmintic resistance is one of the biggest challenges to the future health and profitability of the sector.
- Veterinary Marketing Association (VMA): an association of members who make it their business to stay in touch with what’s happening in animal health marketing today. It is a non-profit organisation comprised of marketers from over 50 companies, dedicated to raising the standard when it comes to the promotion of animal health products.