Regulation and safety of animal medicines
This section provides an overview of the broad range of regulatory controls that are in place governing the authorisation, supply and monitoring of veterinary medicinal products. These comprehensive controls ensure that safe, effective and quality veterinary medicines are available for the health and welfare of our animals, whilst safeguarding people and the environment.
We have produced a series of briefing documents which give more background information on the regulation and safety of animal medicines.
- Controls on veterinary medicines
- Pharmacovigilance: Monitoring the Safety & Efficacy of Animal Medicines
- Veterinary Medicines & the Safety of Food from Animals
- Guidance Note: Pharmacovigilance Distributor Guidance
- NOAH attends its first international regulatory VICH meeting
- “UK animal medicines sector vital for a healthy future” NOAH responds to UK vote to leave the European Union