NOAH Announces 30th Anniversary Charity
NOAH (National Office of Animal Health) has announced that it is excited to be supporting farming charity, R.A.B.I (Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution) during this, its 30th anniversary year.
R.A.B.I is a welfare charity providing support to members of the farming community across England and Wales who find themselves in financial difficulty, in the form of one-off and regular grants. The charity also provides training grants, enabling recipients to broaden their skills and increase earning potential.
“We are extremely pleased to be NOAH’s nominated charity for the coming year,” says Stephen Noble, Head of Fundraising and Development at R.A.B.I. “As well as being the beneficiary of NOAH’s prestigious 30th anniversary dinner on 25th May, we will also receive a donation from the sale of each copy of the NOAH Compendium of Data Sheets. This generous package of support is valuable not only in monetary terms, but because it also gives us a unique opportunity to talk about our work to a key audience,” Mr Noble explains.
“In making R.A.B.I our nominated charity for this year, we are underlining our commitment to the farming industry,” says Dawn Howard, Chief Executive of NOAH, “R.A.B.I provides a crucial safety net for many hundreds of people in the farming community, both retired and working. We are delighted to support this worthwhile charity and its team of dedicated and hard-working fund-raising volunteers across the country,” Mrs Howard concludes.
Notes for Editors
Picture shows R.A.B.I regional manager for the East Midlands, Milly Fyfe, taking a quick break to promote Great British Beef Week.
A high resolution version of this photo is available from: Storm Waller at Kendalls: email@example.com
- The National Office of Animal Health represents the UK animal medicines industry. Its aim is to promote the benefits of safe, effective, quality medicines for the health and welfare of all animals.
- For further information on NOAH contact Alison Glennon at NOAH, tel. +44 (0)20 8367 3131, or visit the NOAH website.
- RA.B.I – the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution – is a welfare charity which helps farming people in financial difficulty. Each year we support around 1,500 farming families and pay out around £2 million in grants.
- Support is offered in confidence to people of all ages, and includes one-off, emergency or regular payments, as well as the provision of essential household items and disability equipment. For working farmers R.A.B.I can also fund relief farm staff to help in a crisis and through our training scheme. For retired and/or disabled people we can also pay towards care home and home-help costs, and run two residential homes of our own, in Suffolk and Somerset.
- To find out more about R.A.B.I visit www.rabi.org.uk or call R.A.B.I’s confidential helpline 0808 281 9490.