NOAH Conference: Brexit – what’s the future for animal health?
NOAH’s milestone Conference ‘Brexit: what’s the future for animal health?’ will be taking place on 1 November at One Great George Street in Westminster.
Following the publication in July of the association’s first Brexit Barometer, which measured the optimism of the animal health sector about its future in the UK after we leave the EU, this conference will explore how the sector can support and collaborate with government to ensure that this future is a success, and will see how opinion has shifted during the year.
The programme includes:
- Keynote political presentation: bringing the most up-to-date progress on Brexit from Westminster
- Regulatory issues: with confirmed speakers from DEFRA (Nigel Gibbens CVO) and VMD, this session will explore how we are working to try to ensure a regulatory system where product research and development is incentivised within a regulatory system which continues to be one of the most stringent in the world, and where animal health and food safety is safeguarded
- Areas of collaboration: with confirmed speakers from the Agri-Brexit Coalition, the Life Sciences Coalition, Canine and Feline Sector Group and British Veterinary Association, this session looks at how organisations are working together across the various areas where animal medicines impact on the UK economy, the production of our food and the benefits to society our companion animals bring.
- Opportunities: securing our future as a centre of excellence; delegates can engage with experts who will look at the potential for the UK’s animal health and welfare status as well as trade, research and innovation, as how the UK’s exit will take place starts to become clearer. Confirmed speakers include the NFU.
- NOAH’s 2nd Brexit Barometer : delegates will have their chance for their views to be heard as we gather opinion for our second Brexit Barometer
The event will open with registration and networking at 10.00am. Tickets cost £99 plus VAT (£118.80) through Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/brexit-whats-the-future-for-animal-health-tickets-36684702934
Notes for Editors
For further information please contact Alison Glennon or Dawn Howard at NOAH 020 8367 3131 or email email@example.com.
NOAH represents the UK animal medicines industry. Its aim is to promote the benefits of safe, effective, quality medicines for the health and welfare of all animals. For further information, please visit: noah.co.uk
NOAH’s first Brexit Barometer is available at https://www.noah.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/NOAH-Brexit-Barometer-Summer-17-6pp-A4-vf.pdf
To deliver a thriving animal medicines sector, post-Brexit, NOAH has set out a series of priorities that will:
- Support trade and innovation
- Safeguard animal health and welfare and public health and food safety; ensuring that UK veterinarians and animal keepers continue to have access to a wide range of appropriate veterinary medicines.
- Ensure businesses have access to skilled staff – the right workforce they need
- Incentivise product research and development within a regulatory system which continues to be one of the most stringent in the world – making UK the first choice world-leading regulatory authority
- Encourage companies to do business in the UK as unnecessary regulatory burdens are recognised and removed
- Ensure transitional arrangements to support business continuity post EU Exit are built, utilising links with specialist EU infrastructure where necessar