Promotion of animal medicines
Code of Practice for the Promotion of Animal Medicines
As with any industry, marketing animal health products is a key factor in spreading information about their use, as well as promoting sales. All advertising is subject to the rules of the Advertising Standards Authority, but as with human pharmaceuticals animal medicines promotions are regulated. There are special requirements in the Veterinary Medicines Regulations, and an additional industry Code of Practice which is obligatory on all NOAH members and has also been endorsed by several non-member companies.
The Code of Practice was established as a form of self-regulation by the animal health industry in matters relating to product promotion. The Code of Practice Committee is actually older than NOAH itself, dating back to 1974 when NOAH was the Animal Health Register of Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry and the code was called the Veterinary Code of Practice.
- Provisions of the Code – Introduction
- Clauses and Definitions
- Guidance Notes
- Rules of Procedure for the Code of Practice Committee
- Plain Guide to the Code of Practice and Handling Complaints
Any approved changes between the 28th and 29th edition of the Code have been indicated by a vertical line in the right hand margin.
Code of Practice Complaints and Responses
The following templates have been developed to assist companies in the preparation of Code of Practice complaints.
Where possible a new case should be submitted using the CODE OF PRACTICE COMPLAINT FORM template which is available online or from the NOAH office.
We have also provided a CODE OF PRACTICE RESPONDENT FORM template. The Code of Practice Secretary, Nockolds Solicitors, will forward the ‘response’ template directly to the respondent, once all the relevant sections of the complaint have been received and considered.
It would be greatly appreciated if this new process could be adopted in the future. Thank you
Summary of cases
- Summary of cases in 2015
- Summary of cases in 2016
- Summary of cases in 2017
- Summary of cases in 2018
- Summary of cases in 2019
- Summary of cases in 2020
- Bayer UK found in breach of NOAH Code of Practice for the Promotion of Animal Medicines
- Boehringer Ingelheim found in breach of NOAH Code on promotion
- Zoetis UK Limited found in breach of NOAH Code on promotion
- MSD Animal Health found in breach of NOAH Code on promotion
- New vet and farmer members for NOAH Promotion Code Committee
- Ceva Animal Health found in breach of NOAH Code on promotion
- Merial Animal Health found in breach of NOAH Code on Promotion